Home automation is one of the biggest trends in smart technology, with no signs of slowing down as the home automation market is estimated to be valued at 21 billion dollars this year. For reference, it was valued at 4.4 billion in 2013. Zigbee is the only complete IoT solution — from mesh network to the universal language that allows smart objects to work together for complete automation of certified products — and one of the most established in the space.
In March of 2020, Jasco Products launched a completely new line of Zigbee smart controls with Zigbee 3.0 technology: the Enbrighten Zigbee 3.0 line. Zigbee 3.0 is the latest technology from the alliance, having recently launched within the last few years, and brings together all of the various Zigbee environments into a single unified standard. This 3.0 version allows all devices to be wirelessly connected in the same network, regardless of market designation and function.
While all of the products from the line are notable, the Enbrighten Zigbee Plug-In Outdoor Smart Switch is the only outdoor Zigbee 3.0 product on the market. As the first of its kind, homeowners who are looking to integrate outdoor lighting and other compatible products with their Zigbee kit will now have the option to do so. The Outdoor Smart Switch is a game-changer in home automation, bringing the smart home outside of the house and into the yard.
With the Outdoor Smart Switch, consumers can enjoy extensive control of landscape and seasonal lighting, fountains, pumps, and more when paired with a compatible gateway. For further convenience, the Outdoor Smart Switch connects directly to the latest Amazon Alexa products, including Echo Studio and Echo Show 10 as well as first- and second-generation Echo Plus, for voice commands. Voice control and remote operation using additional devices is also available through Zigbee-compatible hubs.
Key features of the Enbrighten Zigbee Plug-In Outdoor Smart Switch include:
1. Voice control – Pair directly with 1st and 2nd generation Echo Plus, Echo Show 10, or Echo Studio immediately out of the package for easy voice command of connected devices. No additional equipment is required for use with these Echo models. Other Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant products can also be used for voice control when connected through a compatible Zigbee hub.
2. Weatherproof – Impact- and weather-resistant housing withstands the elements for outdoor placement. The recessed grounded outlet faces down with the switch is properly mounted to be protected from rain and debris.
3. Manual operation – A convenient ON/OFF button on the switch housing allows manual control of the connected device.
4. Optional LED – An integrated LED indicator illuminates to show switch status and can be reversed, turned off or always on based on your indicator preferences.
5. Convenient design – Compact construction is discreet and easily blends into any setting while the high-quality drop cable is ideal for use with covered outdoor outlets. Dual keyhole brackets offer secure, simple installation options.
6. Range extender – The plug-in Zigbee switch repeats the signal from your hub or other Zigbee device to extend wireless range by up to 150ft.
7. LED, CFL, incandescent and halogen – The smart switch is compatible with all types of light sources. Enjoy the full benefit of LED, CFL, incandescent and halogen lights.
As the first outdoor Zigbee 3.0 product on the market, the Enbrighten Zigbee Plug-In Outdoor Smart Switch is changing the way homeowners define the “smart home” by expanding outside the home and into the yard.