Most Outstanding PR Agency
Founded: 2004 (set up as Aneela Rose PR, rebranded as Rose Media Group in 2017
Size: 7 in-house staff supported by an additional 12 associates
Type: B2B PR agency
Repositioning: Realigned the agency in Q1 2021 as a specialist technical company focusing on manufacturing and engineering industries due to our expert knowledge in these areas.
(during Covid): Panasonic, TR Fastenings, (Trifast PLC) and Zehnder Group.
Our ethos is to deliver beyond expectations, to be innovative in our strategies delivering influential and trackable content, within the technical PR space.
Summary of key achievements 2020/21
- We achieved record PR results for manufacturing and engineering clients despite Covid challenges which helped to shape perception of our clients with their target audiences.
- We shifted our approach and worked with our clients, not for them – through trust and collaboration, the outcome is that they all remained loyal to us throughout Covid, and gave us more work.
- We learnt about new markets and products within MMC (Modern Methods of Construction), EVB (Electric Vehicle Batteries) and Hydrogen fuel cell technology.
- We shared latest knowledge and ideas with senior engineers and NPI teams to ensure insights included in thought leadership pieces were newsworthy and cutting edge.
- We won a prestigious new global client during Covid with half the agency team on furlough and we worked our socks off to deliver within the tight deadline.
- We increased our news monitoring and social listening to 7 days a week to ensure we were on top of breaking news within critical sectors covering medical, healthcare and ventilation.
- We worked through the night and weekends on several campaigns to ensure success.
- We supported and respected journalists by staying in touch with them throughout Covid and offering our ideas for features, interviews and by-lined articles including exclusives with specific industry magazines, which they appreciated.
- We ensured we were held accountable for our work by insisting on weekly calls and continued to provide monthly reports to review activities against expectations.
- We rolled our sleeves up and got the jobs done! Agency MD Aneela Rose worked as an Account Manager, making herself fully accessible to all clients and staff, at all times.
SPECIFIC CLIENT AND AGENCY SUCCESSES
1. TR Fastenings – record PR results.
3 new focused campaign launches within medical, sheet metal and security delivering:
- A record 50 pieces of industry specific, technical content written, resulting in…
- 147 pieces of trade coverage with 15.9M online readership- 58% increase from 2019 and the highest amount of coverage secured in any single year for 11 years.
- 125% increase (from 2019) in company news showcasing TR’s expertise
- 72% increase (from 2019) in online coverage
- Global visibility of their brand and products with PR success recognised at board level, specifically within the critical Med-Tech sector where they were an essential UK supplier of components for ventilators.
2. Zehnder Group – record technical content provision.
- Online domain authority of 94 (100 is highest) achieved after we secured national coverage in The Daily Telegraph regarding an Indoor Air Quality and well-being feature – the first time in 6 years for Zehnder!
- A record 31 technical blogs written and healthcare campaign launched involving overheating in homes as a seasonal topic during the hot summer in 2020.
3. Panasonic Europe – won new project during Covid and delivered in record time.
- During Covid, Rose Media Group won the contract with Panasonic Europe to deliver a campaign around the electrification of society and Hydrogen as an alternative energy source. We won this client off the success of our work with Zehnder.
- We delivered the project, meeting the main KPI of securing 5 pieces of targeted national / trade coverage within six weeks, the tightest timeframe we’ve ever been given for a technical PR campaign.
4. Agency repositioning
Off the back of client and project successes (some listed above), we decided to relaunch as a specialist technical agency in Q1 2021:
- Launched brand new website – https://www.rosemediagroup.co.uk/
- Produced new videos for our social media channels to reposition ourselves
- Launched new blogs and content showcasing our technical expertise in B2B PR
- Aneela Rose is positioning herself as an influencer within the EV space, securing speaking slots and media articles through knowledge gained working primarily with the Head of Engineering at TR Fastenings, who is an EV/EVB expert.
- Aneela is also on a journey to inspire the next generation of female engineers, business students and those from ethnically diverse backgrounds who wish to follow a career in PR, Marketing and engineering. This year alone, Aneela has held 4 public speaking events with Anglia Ruskin University and the Business Hill Business Parks Association with motivational talks to encourage young people into these professions. Aneela’s clients are regularly referenced and included in Aneela’s talks.
- Aneela Rose is currently writing her first B2B PR book and when published will be the first Asian female PR professional to launch a technical PR reference source.
Aneela Rose, Managing Director comments on the last year:
“We’ve not stopped working this past year; it’s been incredible (and tiring). Covid actually accelerated our pace and delivery as we had something to prove to ourselves and to our clients. I’m ever so proud to have built up a successful agency over 17 years; and I’ll admit it’s been the hardest year ever as I’ve put all my energy into supporting my team and clients through this.
Looking at our recent PR reports and speaking with our clients, it’s evident that the targeted, trackable, technical content we worked hard to produce, the timing, the media relationships we nurtured with exceptional coverage, has all worked brilliantly. I’m relieved and delighted that repositioning as a technical, specialist PR agency has been exactly the right decision as proven through client feedback and how positive everyone is now feeling at Rose Media Group.”